Thursday, January 1, 2009

The people we meet

We meet people everyday. People who we know, and also who we don't know. Old people, young people, babies, strong guys, pretty girls....

Things to ponder upon:
  1. What is the chance that the people we meet today(at a glance), will become our friend tommorow.
  2. Is there a chance that we 'meet' the same person everyday, without us realizing it?
  3. Is that same person thinking about the same thing?
  4. If we see someone today, a random person, will we see them again someday?
  5. what are the chances that the person we once saw at a certain time, and place, is actually related to us?
  6. What if 10 years down the line, we will be wed to this person?
  7. If 2 random people do meet again someday, is there a chance that they will remember each other?
And for sure, with every question pondered upon gives way to more and more questions.

So why suddenly this thought occurs? Because for the whole of my life so far, I had been 'meeting' with a lot of people. Some things I remember:

  1. A father and daughter in a train. The daughter was reading a book, then she fell asleep. The father marked the page she was reading and kept the bok for her. She kept of sleeping and leaned on his shoulder.
  2. A tourist asking me for directions to Buckingham Palace(In the UK). I gave him the correct train stop.
  3. A pretty Middle Eastern girl in the corridor, at UniSA
  4. A Singaporean lady at KL Central. The bus was an hour late. She offered me her umbrella.
  5. A rude bus driver on the way to TTDI from Sunway. He did not have change for 10 ringgit.
  6. Another rude bus driver, screaming to back of the bus to the Indonesian women, whom he thought didn't have tickets, when actually they did.
  7. A pretty girl at the airport. My sister spotted me watching this girl (kantoii)
And these are just a number of encounters in my life. After most of my encounters, the same set of questions played in my mind. But then one thought, or remark came to me.

"Why did God 'arrange' my 'meeting' with these people?"

After all, God already knows what is going to happen in my daily life. Everything happens for a reason. So, my conclusion is that while the people whom I meet everyday are random people who I do not know, or never seen before, God arranged me to meet these people for a reason. While fate brings us together, even for a split second, there must be a reason of our encounter and therefore must have an effect, whether directly or indirectly. And this I am sure had happened to other people as well, whether thay had actually realized it or not.

So will we 'meet' someday?? Only God knows.

2 comments:

amirahmohammadzaki said...

insyaallah.....

Haneesa said...

"A pretty girl at the airport. My sister spotted me watching this girl (kantoii"

hahaha. and this is just ONE of those moments yang kamu kantoi. ahahha. how about the girl at The Curve?
whahahhahahaha