Thursday, March 5, 2009

The idealist

I am a person who questions. Not always, but I do it. Whether in the open or in my head.

I used to always question...Why is this life so unfair, back when I was still Jahilliyah. (Well, life is unfair, but God is the fairest...Don't get me wrong..)

I mean, people in high places get all the preferential treatment in the world. Rich businesses get richer, but sometimes on dirty money, and not get charged for it.

The Menteri Kerja Raya takyah bayar tol. Sultan nak lalu highway, polis halau semua kereta macam anjing.

Senang cerita lah, I am the idealist I am talking about. I used to always think that this should not happen, or that should not happen. Everyone should be treated the same. Bla3.

Thing is, when I think about it, after much heated discussion with many people, this idealist habit is really bad.

Why? Coz I think this should happen and not that. Something should happen and not something else. I start to expect things.

Thing is, I thought about it again, this unfairness will always occur, because life is not ideal. It is designed to be so. It's not perfect, and so is the people in it.

Kalau semua perfect, hey, heaven la tuu...bukan dunia.

And a phrase I got from someone, I would like to share it...Goes along the lines of "dunia ni tak ideal. Dia memang macam tu. Tapi fikir. Kalau kita yang dapat benefit, kita tak bising pulak. Kalau kita yang dapat preferential treatment, kita kecoh ke?? "

So it will always happen, this unfairness, far from the ideal world that we'd love to have.

Like for example, aku boss, and anak sedara aku mintak kerja, lepas kena rejek banyak kerja. Tak kesian ke?? Keluarga sendiri tuh.

And if i am cooking for friends, then ada cousin come over, for sure dia akan dapat spesel sikit. Kazen sendiri kann....

And say if I am a bank. I want to give out a loan. Tapi check2 payslip takleh nk bayar balik. Nak bandingkan dengan company yang memang konfem boleh bayar balik. For sure la aku lagi selesa nak bagi loan kat company instead of yang takleh bayar tuh.

And social groups? Honestly I don't really like social groups. It's like putting a barrier between individuals. But hey, kalau takde group, semorang sama je la. Kan ke bosan. Kang ada lak komplen, dunia takde variety.

And people who get preferential treatment? Like say reporters who report the true news about corruption or conspiracy. Dulu aku pon tak puas hati. But imagine eh, katakan kita reporter yang report pasal benda2 ni. Pasal org2 berkuasa pulak tu. (menteri ke??). Diorang ni bukan boleh buat main. Petik jari je, ada benda jadi. Midas touch la katakan...

Like reporters in Russia, reporting about President Putin. Many died, due to the Midas touch of powerful people.

So the point is, heaven is still a faraway place. Now is life. Unfair as it is, we have to live it (Assuming suicide is outta the question).

Life is not ideal, we have to face it, we have to live with it, and slowly, if we try, we can change it.

Live life in a way that you will win. It's a game, it's cruel, but you can't win if you give up.

No comments: