Wednesday, March 25, 2009

104...

Sweat breaks down my forehead. The sun was hot on my head. Both my hands are ready to lead the way. My nerves were wrecking, waiting for the light to turn green.

I look to the side. The other driver... He wore black spectacles. His foot was on the pedal. He was ready...

Pedals? Haha. I didnt need pedals. Pedals are for people who can't do the work I do.

Ting! The Light turned from red to green. The driver and I were the first in line. The race was GO!!

He drove first. Low gear..He was slow, but accelerating...I was faster..YES! I passed by him. Sweet victory looks near. I am leaving the bus behind..

But then...The driver started picking up. He must not catch up to me. I went faster..FASTER. But the driver was accelerating. He was an inch behind me.

We were level. He was speeding up.

NO!! The driver passed by. I tried to cycle harder but my feet felt numb, useless. As the bus passed me by, I saw my pathetic reflection on the bus glass : A man on a mountain bike.

The bus went on. It slowed down a bit as if to mock me. Then it sped off again...

I'll remember. I'll remember you! Bus 104...

(Just another day after uni.Road bike road bike...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahha~
lawaks~
gudluck & all the best k...
hope that u'll be able to cycle faster than the bus... =P

NASY said...

huhu..caya la..nak kejar bus tu...semoga berjaya..:D
btw, you are been tagged..hehe