Sunday, March 29, 2009

When I pick up the guitar...

....at times I wonder, is that all I will ever be? An entertainer that brings a smile? A person to bring music to people's lives?

Adakah aku sekadar penghibur?

******************


When I was 11, I never thought that an instrument with 6 strings could make so much noise, some beautiful and some really atrocious. Let alone, I had never thought that I could learn to play such a device.

And now, when I pick up the guitar and play, and sing, and when people sing along, I am extremely happy that I can play and bring some kind of enjoyment to people's lives. I can entertain, and seeing that smile on a friend's face is one of the satisfactory reasons to learn the 6 string piece of wood.

I like to hear people sing, because it's a way to let go. Just give a middle finger to life and sing your heart out. At that opportune 5 minutes playing guitar and singing, you forget your troubles and just melalak.

You forget about your Water Eng quiz that you failed, or the pharmacokinetics test coming up this Wednesday.

You remember your family, your friends, your dreams and the beautiful reality.

..and all that happens when I pick up the guitar.

**********************

Adakah aku sekadar penghibur?

No comments: