Monday, February 9, 2009

The Wait...and Patience

Patience is a virtue, and very importantly so that it is always a determinant in the outcome of everyday life.

Patience is a strong characteristic. Not everyone has it, believe me.

People who have it, can wait, take things slow, control their anger, control their emotions, think rationally, and always see the light beyond every darkness..

People who don't, well, tend to do the exact opposites.

In scope of The Wait, patience is a strong and powerful ally to have.

Not many people can be patient while waiting for whatever it is they are waiting for. Patience increases the resilience and persistence in waiting for something. People who are patient, are extremely good at waiting. They don't give up easily, they just keep going and going.

People who are patient don't always rush into things, unless they need to. They wait, however slow things are.

And of course, there goes the old saying, that good things come to those who wait. I guess the gist of this saying is that we have to be patient in life, all the time, until there comes a time when our nerve finally breaks.

I really hope I can uphold the patience of some great people I've met and known. This post is a reminder to myself, as usual.

Until my nerve breaks, I'll be strong as a rock.

No comments: