Monday, February 16, 2009

Maturing and Re-maturing (part 2)

I think a few days back I had some kind of a revelation when talking to my dad.

I told him : I think after 35, people's personality becomes their habit. They probably had worked the same job for at least 10 years. So what the job does to them, it shapes their personality. And as they go through it every day, it becomes a habit.

Right?

Well, maybe a bit too mechanical, but I think a lot of cases happen that way. And this from talking through experience as well.

Once I talked to an investment banker. He is someone who looks forward, all the time, always thinking about future investment plans, and never really thinks about the present. Then a few weeks later I talked to another banker. I swear, they both have the same personality.

Engineers are the same too. Surprisingly, however serious an engineer's job is, the engineer is always the easygoing type, and always easy to get along with.

And what about teachers. High school teachers. They are always thinking that we are still 13 years old, like we are their kids. Maybe because that's how they feel like when they teach?

Point is, this thing happens..

What thing?

This thing where we are stuck and we stay stagnant and we don't progress in life.We are endangered of getting used to something and refusing to change our view and personality, because we are so used to doing the thing we do.

And in this game we call life, the game is getting harder, all the time.

So taking a leaf from the previous few posts, when life keeps progressing but we don't, game over. We lose. We stay stagnant, and we don't progress..

We can't go to the next level.

So what do we do?

Live, learn and progress. No cheat codes here...

No comments: