Thursday, June 2, 2011

..for a minute there i really believed i had a brother.

I remember when I was younger and my little sister already popped up from my mom's belly. 

For the next two months i always went to my mom and asked her "So is there another baby coming?"

I guess i always wanted a brother as well. 

That day never came. I'm thankful of course, that i have two beautiful sisters in my presence. 

I got two sisters that I can spoil, but not a brother to bully. Or a brother to bully me haha.

Today I told someone that I had a big brother. It was on a whim. I thought it would end there. 

But she kept asking me about him. So I fibbed. 

Suddenly, for a few minutes, I had a brother who was married, who was eight years older than my older sister, and had a name. Oh yes, his name is Amri. Amri Salehin. I went as far to say that Amri was the eldest in the family and Amira was the perfect name for the youngest. 

So yeah, for a minute there I really believed I had a brother. 

It's a nice thought I guess. If i had a big brother as well as a big sister, I would always be confused on how to act. My brother would tell me that disturbing girls was fun, but my sister would advise me otherwise. My brother would teach me how to play guitar, and my sister would tell me I'm too noisy. My dad would teach my brother something, and my mom would teach my sister something, and both of them would teach me something, but two totally different things. 

My sister would say that shopping is fun, but my brother would say that it is a waste of time. Also, my brother would introduce me to his girlfriend's sister.

And my older sister would teach me how to cook, and my brother would buy me food. Haha kind of fun ain't it.

But best of all, my brother would be the place I go for advice. Man advice, if you will. He will make sure I don't turn into a softie, and would force me to play football. 

 We would fight over food, and girls, and the car, and everything. Hell, he might even pull my hair if I touched his guitar. 

But yeah, that is how brothers grow up. At least I think that is how they do it. I never had one. 

And if I had a little brother, I would be losing it if he was touching my guitar. I would be competetive if he were better with the ladies. 

And I would not spoil him, like I do with my sisters. I'll make sure he grows up tough. And I'll take him for rides in my car and I'll teach him how to drive when he's fifteen. 

And we can discuss women and life. 

But best of all, I'll have a punching bag. And someone to give advice to. 

Don't get me wrong, having two sisters is fun. I'm thankful for their company. 

But also having two brothers. That would be awesome. =)


No comments: