Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poker Face

I just love it when I can read people's expressions.

I have to say that I'm not good at reading people's emotions though. Sometimes I am oblivious to even the most obvious of expressions that people show.

But an observation that needs to be made is this:

Some people are good at hiding their emotions, and some are better than others. I just can't get into their headspace and try to think like them.

Some people have magnificent poker faces, and you really think that they are okay when they tell you so, when in fact they are really not.

Like in poker, we will be able to read an expression through experience, and through years of trial and error. Experience is the best teacher, and reading people's emotions proficiently is a skill that does not come in a day.

Unlike before, now I am more sensitive (at least I try to) to other people's feelings. There are of course, some people who are oblivious and continue to do so, because they just don't care about what people think.

They gamble in the game. They don't play with skill.

And at times, I try to be a poker face my self. I am brought up in a way that I do not show how I feel at times. Everything has a moment, has a right timing to it. Therefore being outrightly 'out of place' with emotions can be deadly and even destructive to the game.

So when in life, play your cards right. Being a poker face is the best.

No comments: