Monday, October 12, 2009

91st post.

To commemorate the 90-post milestone of this blog, there is really nothing I can write that is any more serious or meaningful than the 90 posts prior to this one. So I'm just going to post mortem this whole thing...

The blog is extremely young. It is really unpretentious. It is my deepest thoughts and my deepest observations. My greatest angers and my deepest concerns.

What I write is important. Important for whoever who is writing this. This is a time capsule. One day I am going to look at this again and see the way I think before back in the day. This blog is not a diary. It is not necessarily personal. But it is a good reminder. It is a sticky note.

What I write is relevant. It is relevant in life, and afterwards. But it is also an opinion, and consequently opinions are not necessarily correct. But opinions are made based on deep thinking, and also by observing other cases and scenarios. But there are also opinions that are based on emotion, that is done at the spur of the moment.

But preserving these thoughts and ideas and observations, somehow, someday, they might come to use again. I have a belief that when we read again what we have written before, it gives a certain amount of satisfaction in that it was ourselves that came up with what we write. A simple line that we write ourselves is a lot more meaningful than what others write in books or what not.

My blog is also very secretive. I never disclose names, just situations, because only that is what matters. Maybe in years to come, I will forget who was in those situations that I described, but I will know what happened, and in the end that is what matters.

But on the most part, whatever my blog is like and however I write, I am dead proud of what I write. I am partly an artist, and I really like to see works of art form in my hands. I like to see things that I thought of in what I write, and that is a work of art in itself.

So as a 91st post, I'd like to say thank you. It's been an achievement. It's been a journey. But it won't stop yet.

Happy 90 posts! Lets see what can come up in my little head next..

1 comment:

Haneesa said...

wait until you've set up a 2nd blog. and have close to 400 posts in it... and you will get that overwhelming sense of fulfilment reading whatever it is you decided to write at that moment in time.


it's nice how words can make us realise how much we have grown.

so don't stop writing :)