Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Paradox of Close Proximity..

It's funny sometimes how a person so close to you could be the one thing that you want to get far away from. Of course, I am not saying that it happens all the time, but generally, it happens.

A funny fact, we all love to be away from home once in a while. Of course, being afar for too long would lead to a disease called homesickness, but generally, a feeling of relief comes by when we are away from home once in a while.

And the deal with best friends. However good friends you are with someone, the more space you feel that you need between each other.

Sometimes I observe that the more we have to do with something, the more we don't want to have anything to do with that thing.

Again, this generally happens, not all the time.

I guess this is the paradox of things. The more we get close to something, the more we want to get away from it.

Like husband and wife. Lambat laun, there will be some kind of stagnation between them and they will need some space to revive the passion. Chey..

And siblings. My sister once told me that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I never believed in this. Now I do. haha. I used to not hang around with my siblings that much. Now that I am far away, hanging with them is the best thing to do at home.

...ada la lagi. Sometimes we know our friends more than we know our girlfriends/boyfriends. Padahal selalu je berkepit. I know my friends after school more than I know my schoolmates. (It happens, and I hate to admit it).

It happens. Close proximity brings us further away sometimes. This is the paradox of today.

No comments: