Monday, July 5, 2010

Two days in a lifetime.

Have you ever met a person who you know you can end up happily with?

They catch your imagination and you see a life with them a looong way down the road. 

The minute they catch your eye, you just know that you can be with em. 

And yet, in that fleeting five minutes of epiphany, reality sinks in. 

You will never have a future with them, because you will never see them again...

....

I always meet ppl like that. And it's always the same cycle of events. 

A thing about people and personality. When any guy meets with a girl even for just 5 seconds, the guy will be thinking "Can this girl and me go far..". Yes, seems petty. But hey. Everyone does it. And yes. Any guy, with any girl they meet..

Don't get me wrong, girls do it too. Don't deny it k. =)

That's the interesting part. Whilst there are a lucky few that had met their LOTL (work this out urselves) early in life and had kept their relationship going, there are actually a lot more that belongs to the 'other' group. The unluckier ones who are left by the wayside. 

And what's more interesting, is how fate brings two people together, who are perfect in every sense for each other... 

but...

Yeap there will always be a but wouldn't it..

But, there is always a downside... 

Trust me when I say, I judge myself more than anybody else. And I know myself more than anyone else could possibly do. And trust me if I say, "yeap. I know this girl and I can go far". 

But... Interestingly for me, however perfect the chemistry will be, I know I can never have a future with em. 

Because I will only meet them for two days in a lifetime.. Only for a short time, by chance fate brought us together, and then I will never see her again. 

And this had happened to me many times. And to other people as well. 

But that's life. You meet people you like, and you will never see them again. They will remain a figment in your memory, and fleeting five seconds of fantasy followed by the bitter reality that follows after. 

How I cope with it? Well, I enjoy the two days I have them. Even if it only means looking to the other side of a room full of people. I'd be happy only to exchange glances, without the use of words..

Ahh the wonder..

How God decides to bring two people together for that one moment of happiness.. 


No comments: