Friday, September 18, 2009

Emotion Vulnerable.


Actually I have a flurry of things that I want to write but I cannot really pinpoint a good heading for it. So I'm just putting up a title that first comes to mind.

So, where we at. Raya raya....

Raya to me, as a celebration like no other. It is religious. It is uplifting. It has a reason. It is a victory (supposedly so) of controlling our lust that we withhold for thirty days prior. It is a celebration that we have become a better person, closer to God and closer to our friends. 

Raya in Malaysia is fun too. People wear new clothes. We go for Eid Prayers in the morning. Come back and ask for forgiveness from our parents. It's fun. Being the not-so-emo-guy I am, my way of asking for forgiveness was simple, brief, and without tears. But trust me Ive seen more 'emotion vulnerable' people  who break down n cry at that moment. 

Raya was never a sentiment for me to tell you the truth. I've never really minded where I had Raya, nor whether or not we do things during Raya. For me I'm just glad that I was able to see and seize the day. But I also enjoy seeing friends and spending time with family, although there had never been any too high a regard in me about raya. 

Now the 2009 Raya is approaching in two days. Last year's raya, I was here in Adelaide so this year I am staying for my second consequtive year for Raya. Homesick? Yeah a bit. But I did not let that get to me. But this year's raya was interesting. Because everyone;s going home. 

See this year's raya happens to be in line with the two week mid semester break. So it is the greatest opportunity for people to back to Malaysia for Raya. Interesting. From early decisions to last minute (literally, one day) tickets. From missed flights to wrong bookings. From happy to sad, content to not. Everyone is going back for Raya. hope they have fun and remember me when they are busy eating lemang and we are having raya here with our own home made rendangs. 

Adelaide's definitely going to be an empty shell without these people who are my family. I'll miss them dearly. But also, there are things to be done here as well. 

MASCA open house is coming up. That will definitely be something to look forward to. Open houses around Adelaide will be pretty scarce this year, but nevertheless there will be open houses. Again, Raya is not a sentiment. And eventhough it's far from raya in Malaysia, it's still raya and its the people that counts. 

I'll definitely make it a point to call my family during raya morning. It will be good to hear their voices. 

Now, emotion vulnerability. 

Some people are really prone to emotions. They make decisions that are based on emotions. But it does not really happen to only individuals. Even nations make emotional decisions that result in emotional lashbacks and more regrets later on. But it happens. 

But bottom line is that if that is the decision that they make, we respect them for it. It works for them while it might not work for us. We might not like it, but that does not give us the right to stop them from doing it. We don't like it, we don't do it. 

I don't like it because it is hard to cope with. It is hard to cope with emotional stress. Although I have been more emotional than I had ever been in this lifetime, truth is emotional actions are hard. I hate to cry, I hate to feel sad. It keeps me burried from the light, but also it gives some spice to life. Hate to say, sometimes we even need it. So don't wish for it to go away.    

Back to Raya. I hope everyone back home does not miss me too much. I'm the only son, so I highly doubt that haha. 

hoping for Raya with a blast this holiday. Let roll..

1 comment:

NASY said...

Sejuta kemaafan dipinta..
Jika saya ada;
terkasar bahasa..
terlebih kata...
terlampau gurauan senda...
terhiris duka...
tersinggung kat mana2..

Salam Aidilfitri..
Maaf zahir dan batin