Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good Music..

Can someone give me the definition of good music?

To some people, good music is something that is aggressive. That has the scream of a bloodcurling vampire and the aggressiveness of a bulldozer.

To some people, good music is classic music, composed of intricate musical technicality and spans up to 8 and 9 long minutes.

To me however, good music is simply something good to the ears. Desirable things to listen to.

Consequently, due to the generality of my definition, what is good to my ears can be ungood to other people.

For instance, I love classical music. Really I do. I think it is the most complex form of music available. But a lot of people my age dont even listen to classical, let alone know about it.

But I think classical music is the most evergreen form of music readily available in stores. Go get em.

And I also love soundscapes. Like Kitaro. some of their music is now even music. They are just soundscapes. And I love those to.

But not all people listen to these things I listen to.

Like in more conventional forms of music, I like to listen to guitar oriented harmonies, vocal harmonies and such. But not all people specifically love those too.

I also like percussion based instruments. I think STOMP is magnificent.

I also like choir and opera.

And in some instances, I also like instrumentals. Some short and sweet. Others long and phrased.

And listening to all these that are not listened to, I think good music to me is another world of beauty. It's a myriad of colours that gives me a chance to paint my black and white world.

Wow. Isnt that dramatic. =D

No comments: