Thursday, June 18, 2009

Examination syndrome

Hey its here. Our most beloved time of year. They say absence make the heart grow fonder, and since we do this only twice a year, as opposed to meeting our gf/bf everyday, definitely this is our most favourite time of year.

Yep my friends, we are on the verge of exams.

Thing is, the most ironic thing about exams is, well, we start to study. Well i do at least.

See what's funny? We START to study.

I mean, think about it. We have lived for at least 20 years of our life, 13 of which we had taken exams. For Malaysians, we had gone through at least one major exam in our life. For most of us, of course, we had done all three.

But everytime exams loom, the same thing happens.

Over and over.

Like say, studying at the last minute. Now in my case, this is the biggest lesson that I had always wanted to learn after every exam, but I keep saying that after every exam. Point is, lesson never learnt. I keep saying that I dont want to study at the last minute, but... =D

And know what's funny? We actually learn all that we're supposed to learn in the short time span we call swot vac.

Imagine in two weeks studying for 4 subjects. And we can get a distinction mind you (Ive seen people do it).

So of course we think "hey, kan senang kalau aku study dari awal. Takde la study macam nk gila dekat2 nak exam.". Yet, we (ok me) do it over and over again, during every exam. (big sigh)

Ada lagi yg funny. Its funny how when closer to the exam, we find that we can actually sit down quietly, open our books and study. We can actually do four tutorials in a day, when we had one week to do each one. We can actually understand one chapter in two hours, when we had 2 weeks to learn each one.

I guess being under pressure makes us this way eh. haha.

And it's funny, that after every exam, I keep doing this over and over again.

God, when do I stop? Hope I learn my lesson soon.

Sesungguhnya niat tu penting. Belajarlah kerana ilmu, dan bukan hanya untuk mengenakan dakwat kepada kertas. Cheywah.

Good luck for exams everyone. Let's learn our lesson hahaha.

No comments: